Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Quite Possibly My Favorite Korean ... Definitely the Sexiest

I finally saw Ninja Assassin over the weekend!



It was cool and Korean pop star Rain was totally sexy!

My first knowledge of Korean pop star Rain was on The Colbert Report when Stephen Colbert declared war on him over being voted into the Time 100 Most Influential People, I believe. The recap video won't work so here's one where Colbert challenges Rain to a dance off.

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Rain Rivalry Challenge
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes2010 ElectionFox News


He was totally adorable and so I asked the student I was tutoring (a pretty cool Korean boy named Arlen) about him. Arlen got me to listen to some of his music but I was definitely more interested in the music videos. Then I found out about Rain being in Speed Racer and decided I pretty much loved him.

Ninja Assassin took what love to a whole new level! He is SUCH a badass in the movie! There's really not much plot to the movie so if you want that more than awesome badass violence and Rain being sexy don't see it but the everything else is ... well, badass. I love action movies so I adored it. Very cool.

Rain looked amazing too! He trained 6 hours a day for 6 months to get in shape for the movie! He talks about that here! That's insane ... but in an awesome way.

There's not too much else I can say about the movie. It was just really, really cool.

Though it did make me think about one thing. I would love for there to be a good movie based on the Dead or Alive video game franchise! There's been a movie made ... but we won't discuss that - it's super cheesy. BUT in the game's storyline there is the potential for a good movie - especially if they focused on the ninja characters (a central part to the overall story). After seeing Rain in Ninja Assassin I think he'd make an amazing Ryu Hayubusa or Hayate/Ein (complicated story for him).

Rain in Ninja Assassin
Ryu Hayabusa
Hayate

See? With his hair in the movie I think more a Hayate, but his badassness would be perfect for Ryu too.

That's all for today. I felt like keeping it light. And, just for fun, here's the dance-off.

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Rain Dance-Off
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes2010 ElectionFox News


'Nuff Said,
Crysania

No comments:

Post a Comment