Friday, July 30, 2010

I Really Wish ...

I could have done this to some stupid lady on the freeway on my way home from work today:



Seriously, it's bad enough I'm stuck in Southern California traffic coming home from Orange County, but then this stupid lady on her friggin' cell phone could not drive! I was stuck behind her ass way too long.

I like the movie Shoot 'Em Up - particularly that scene. The whole movie is just a fun shoot-'em-up style movie with brilliant, cheesy, terrible one liners. Clive Owen is a badass and, yeah, there's no substance but it's just fun. I haven't watched it in a while but I feel like it after watching that clip.

Maybe it's because my daddy raised us on Arnold Schwarzenegger movies but I appreciate those kind of fun action movies with fantastically cheesy lines. This is one of my favorites ever:



How amazing is that?

Shoot 'Em Up is basically like that all through the movie so how could I not love it?

Anyways, an update from Loney Bobblehead Night ... it was one of the weirdest nights ever.

First we left about 15 minutes later than I wanted so I started off a little annoyed. Then there were 2 accidents on the 210 so after 20 minutes to get three exits. I got off the freeway and went down to the 10 but hit every red light possible on the way. Traffic on the 10 wan't too bad considering but, of course, merging to the 110 was terrible. I got off right before the 110 and had to go through the main entrance and deal with that traffic BUT we made got our bobble heads.

By the time we got inside I needed a drink and there was a short line, for once. There were 2 people in front of us but it took about 20 minutes to get to the front because the lady was having trouble with the machine and couldn't count. I finally get up there to order a Blue Moon and every tap at the stand is out of it. I settled for a Miller Lite. We got to our seats just in time for the Dodgers to turn a double play and end the top of the first (seriously as we're walking down the stairs we see it). Then my man Andre Ethier hits a home run and things were looking up. Our section was awesome, the Dodgers were doing great and it was an intense game because it was against the Giants ... but then the Dodgers lost in the 9th when George Sherrill came in ... I dislike George Sherrill immensely so that made it worse. Finally, we get back to my car and someone had broken my passenger side mirror.

I still can't decide whether it was a great night, an awful one or just a weird one.

I hope the Dodgers continue to kick ass in the West because if not we're in trouble.

That was random but I'm watching the game as I type this so I threw it in there.

'Nuff Said,
Crysania

No comments:

Post a Comment