Friday, July 9, 2010

More Nerding Out ... and I Like Olivia Munn!

I guess it might be kind of weird since I'm a girl but I want this book:

Suck It Wonder Woman by Olivia Munn

I love Olivia Munn. I watch G4 and Attack of the Show so I've appreciated Olivia for a while now. She is honestly funny and knows enough of what she's talking about to seem to be an actual geek. I guess it's refreshing to know she's beautiful, a girl and a gamer. No guy can realistically expect that too many gamer, nerd, chicks are that gorgeous but it's nice to have it out there.

I'm nowhere near Olivia pretty but it's nice to see girls like her and Morgan  Webb showing people that not all girls who play video games are 400 pounds and suck at life (which I've basically been told quite a few times after shot-gunning guys to the face on the X-box).

Honestly, for a while I thought she might only be funny playing off Kevin Periera (also a hot nerd) on AotS but she's done some things on KROQ (I loved her on Loveline) and a few reports on The Daily Show before now becoming a correspondent that were good. I don't get why she's being bashed in blogs and stuff. She doesn't have the comedian background but she's funny and smart ... that should count for something. If she sucked I doubt Jon Stewart would have her on.

So, yeah, I like Olivia Munn. I'm not a dude, I'm not after her body, I think sometimes she's awkward but if I looked like her I might go to Comic-Con dressed as Laura Croft too (not the Leia outfit but I'd be too self-conscious for that ... and no one had mentioned that outfit in the interviews I read! She was adorable!) and I think she's likeable and pretty funny.

Hell, I might even go to the book signing in Pasadena!

'Nuff Said,
Crysania

No comments:

Post a Comment