Friday, July 15, 2011

Time is Flying

I guess the old "time flies when you're having fun" adage is quite true. I am having a blast in Japan and now I only have 2 teaching days left until 1st term is over.

These first 4 months have given me a lot to think about over natsuyasumi (summer vacation). I feel like I was just fitting into the elementary schools and now I'll be moving to a junior high 4 days a week with a new elementary school on Tuesdays for 2nd term (I'll go back to the elementary schools in January for 3rd term). I like what I'm doing, a lot, and I'm starting to think one year isn't long enough. If I continue to make friends and enjoy my work I may try to stay another year.

How could I not love a place this beautiful?
There are still so, so many gaps to be filled. I need to improve my Japanese, I want to try more things, I want to explore the country more and I don't want to have any regrets about things I could have done while here.

Still, I really do miss my family and friends. Sometimes, Facebook gives me a much needed lift and makes me happy but it also reminds me that the people I miss are doing completely different and fun things without me. I'm doing different and fun things without them too but it does make me miss them.

There's still plenty of time but I'm going to do my best to make the most of this year and if, in the end, I decide to stay longer than it will happen when it happens. If I decide to go home ... or try out Korea ... then that will happen when it happens too.

The first term has flown by but there's still more to come!
Kanuma City outside my new friend's family's restaurant.

'Nuff Said,
Crysania


No comments:

Post a Comment