Friday, July 1, 2011

Drama, drama, drama



I love these Tommy Lee Jones commercials for Boss coffee. They crack me up. Apparently the campaign started in, like, 2007 but I didn't know about it until I arrived. It's just one of the things I'm enjoying in here on TV.

I'm a little in love with Asuko March at the moment. I watch it on Sunday nights then wait for the net subtitles to come out. I've been surprised at how much I catch but the details and "why" is what I often miss ... that and Nao's speeches. I can never catch all of what she says. Still, I enjoy it.

I don't always dig the heroines in a lot of the "male harem"-style manga/anime (Asuko March is based off a manga that I, sadly, cannot find in English) - they are often annoying and wimpy, but I like Nao Yoshino. She's no Amu from "Shugo Chara" or Haruhi from "Oraun High School Host Club" but she's not too bad. I think that's in large part to Emi Takei, the lead actress. She has a very likable presence and can really be adorable. She pulls off some of Nao's more annoying behaviors without coming across that way, at least in my opinion.

I've really gotten into it now that the story's moving along. I'm really rooting for Tamaki-kun! I think the drama really favors Aruto but Tamaki-kun's just such a sweetie! Aruto, played by Tori Matsuzaka, is definitely cute and normally I pull for the cute guy but Tamaki-kun, played by Kento Kaku, is so adorable! He's too sweet, a good guy and I'm a sucker for someone that dedicated to their family. I don't normally root for someone so much but Tamaki-kun has captured my heart and I want him to capture Nao's.

The other drama I watch, Rebound, just ended. I watched it because I like Hayami Mokomichi (he's an "ikeman"!), and I ended up liking the series too. It had a good ending. Aibu Saki is adorable too.

That's all I really watch though. Now that Rebound is over I don't know what I'll do. I'm not really a "drama"  kind of person but I was pleasantly surprised with these two.

I think I've nerded out enough for now, though, anyways. I think I'll post more music next time ... or maybe a little bit of a "thinking" post before it.

'Nuff Said,
Crysania

No comments:

Post a Comment